Rio is linked to airports from more than 80 countries.
Air travel times:
From major European capitals – about 10-hour flight
From North America – 9 to 15-hour flight
From Central America – about 7-hour flight
From South America –3 to 8-hour flight
From Africa – about 10-hour flight
From Asia – about 24-hour flight
From Oceania – about 15-hour flight
The International Airport Antonio Carlos Jobim is located at Ilha do Governador. From the airport to Barra da Tijuca, there is taxi, Uber or bus:
- special taxis are available at the airport with a flat rate of around US$ 40
- regular (yellow) taxis are available, with taximeter; the cost to Barra is around US$ 30, depending on the traffic
- Uber is available in Rio de Janeiro
- Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) is a public passenger transport system that provides fast urban mobility through segregated infrastructure with priority overtaking. A new concept of urban mobility with a high-performance, efficient and ecologically sustainable transit system that is on the political agenda of urban and environmental planners worldwide.
- There are also several car rental companies located at the airport and other places in the city